From the winter solstice to the spring equinox, the Ann Arbor area has an abundance of events to enjoy! Whether you bring the family or make it a romantic weekend for two, plan to shake off those winter doldrums and join us for a fun winter weekend getaway.
Ann Arbor is a vibrant area all year long. Kick the new year off with a January visit!
- The University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University honor the life and legacy of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with a series of events every January. Every year, each campus hosts a keynote speaker on Martin Luther King Jr. Day that is free and open to the public.
- Ann Arbor is known as one of the best dining destinations in the Midwest. Whether it's your first visit or you can recite your favorite menu from memory, Restaurant Week is a great way to experience the area's cuisine.
- Find your folk! The Ark presents the Ann Arbor Folk Festival, an annual two-night event at Hill Auditorium the last weekend of January. Visit for a weekend of dynamic folk and roots music.
While there may be snow on the ground, there's warmth in our hearts. February is a perfect time to visit Ann Arbor for a fun weekend with friends or a romantic getaway.
- If you're looking for a family-friendly winter outing, check out the winter festivals in Milan, Saline, and Chelsea.
- Artini, an annual martini bar crawl and fundraising event for the Ann Arbor Art Center, takes place in early February. Check out participating downtown bars and restaurants as they present their most artful martini. Don't forget to vote for your favorite!
- Chocolate Extravaganza in nearby Chelsea combines chocolate and other decadent treats with downtown shops, restaurants, galleries, and cafes. The stores each have their own distinct atmosphere and carry a sweeping variety of goods, which makes shopping a fun experience.
By now, you can tell the days are getting longer which means spring is near! Plan your visit and relish the remaining weeks of winter in the Ann Arbor area.
- March is Maple Syrup Month in Michigan! Check out the annual Pancake Breakfast at McLennan's in Manchester, just west of Ann Arbor. While you're there, get a tour of the sugar shack and shop the indoor market.
- The Saline Craft Show features more than 135 crafters from throughout the Midwest. This family-friendly event welcomes more than 10,000 shoppers every year!
- The Ann Arbor Film Festival was recognized as one of the top U.S. film festivals that are, "absolutely worth a trip." Going for more than 50 years, the AAFF is the oldest avant-garde and experimental film festival in North America.