left arrow Back to Previous

Sutherland-Wilson Farm

  • 797 W Textile Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Visit Website right arrow

overview

arrow

The Sutherland-Wilson farmstead has been acquired by Pittsfield Township to be preserved as an historic site. Restoration of the site -- and related programming -- is being undertaken by the Pittsfield Township Historical Society. The house on the farm is significant as the home of Pittsfield Township pioneers, Langford and Lydia Sutherland. Langford and Lydia Sutherland came to Pittsfield Township, Washtenaw County in 1832 with their two children. This property was designated a Centennial Farm in 1981. Through his mother, Mr. Harold Wilson, the present owner, is a direct descendant of Langford and Lydia Sutherland. This family may have been continuous residents of the township longer than any other.

map

arrow