About Destination Ann Arbor
Destination Ann Arbor is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the economy of the Ann Arbor area, and Washtenaw County in general, through the promotion of the area as a destination for day and overnight visitors.
Destination Ann Arbor will accomplish this mission through the following objectives:
- Generate positive awareness of the Ann Arbor area as a destination of choice for travelers
- Stimulate interest and desire on the part of consumers to take action and visit
- Maximize the length and frequency of stays
- Increase the business volume of the area’s tourism business partners
- Proactively support development of additional tourism products
- Maintain a research base for the area’s tourism industry
- Create positive awareness, support and participation in Destination Ann Arbor and its marketing programs
- Empower members of the local hospitality industry to address workforce challenges
Our staff is here to assist you with planning your next meeting or with helpful tips for your next trip. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-995-7281.
Visitor Spending in Washtenaw County
Visitor spending in Washtenaw County continues to thrive. A study of 2018 data was conducted by Anderson Economic Group, a consulting firm focusing on public policy, business valuation, and market and industry analysis. Key takeaways from the study of 2018 data highlight the enormous value of a thriving tourism industry within and around Ann Arbor. Visitor spending is essential to growing the local economy and workforce.
In 2018, Washtenaw County saw 3.9 million visitors, generating $832 million in visitor spending for the local economy. Learn more about the economic impact study.