Getting Here & Getting Around
Ann Arbor is only 25 minutes from the Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), so there are many affordable and hassle-free options for transportation between Ann Arbor and DTW, such as car rentals and airport shuttles.
- AirRide: Offers near-hourly service each day between Ann Arbor and Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW). Fares are $12 each way, with advance reservations. Boarding/pick-up locations are at Blake Transit Center and Kensington Hotel. For schedules and reservations, visit TheRide.com for more information.
- Taxi/Shuttle Service: There are many taxis, shuttles and private cars that specifically operate as airport transportation between Ann Arbor and DTW. See our below for a list of recommended car, taxi and limo services.
If you’re planning a trip from a nearby city, you don’t necessarily need a car of your own. Most major bus and rail services have stations in Ann Arbor:
- Amtrak: The Amtrak Station is located at 325 Depot Street within the city of Ann Arbor. See the Amtrak site for scheduling and tickets.
- Greyhound: The Greyhound Station is located in downtown Ann Arbor at 115 E. William Street. See the Greyhound site. for scheduling and tickets.
Getting Around Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor’s downtown area - including the University of Michigan’s campus - are known for being very walkable, but for those looking to make up time or get further out of the city, we have many options that are likely to suit your needs:
- TheRide: Operated by the Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority, ‘TheRide’ is a top-notch public transit system, offering over 1,300 fixed-route bus stops in the Urban Core of Washtenaw County. Fare is $1.50 per person. Exact change is required, and reduced fares are available for those who qualify. See website for schedule and route information.
- Golden Limousine: provides airport transportation, as well as transportation to and from the surrounding areas for special events. Visit goldenlimo.com to make a reservation.
- Taxi: There are many taxi cab service providers in Ann Arbor. See our below for listings of recommended car, taxi and limo services.
- Zipcar: Zipcar is a national car-sharing service that allows you to reserve and rent cars by the hour or day without the hassle of a traditional car rental. Cars are located all around Ann Arbor. Zipcar members can reserve cars online then swipe their card at the vehicle to unlock doors. Gas and insurance are included. See Zipcar map for locations
- Autonomous Shuttles: May Mobility offers free rides in their autonomous shuttles in the downtown area. Book a ride by downloading the May Mobility app on the App Store or Google Play.