The Cobblestone Farm house, completed in 1845, was originally a two-family home. Benajah Ticknor, a U.S. Naval surgeon, and Heman Ticknor, whig politician and farmer, shared occupancy of this classic revival structure with their families. Being restored and interpreted to reflect its mid-nineteenth century appearance, the site provides a view of past rural life in Washtenaw County. Today the site is administered through Parks and Recreation Services with support from the Cobblestone Farm Association.