Hiking & Trails
Nicknamed "Tree Town", Ann Arbor has earned its reputation as an urban oasis - boasting as many hiking, biking, boating and fishing areas as world-class restaurants and cultural attractions. Paddle down the Huron River Water Trail in a kayak or canoe, mountain bike through the Waterloo State Recreation Area and view the sand hill crane migration, or hike around the University of Michigan's Matthaei Botanical Gardens for horticultural inspiration. You're sure to find an Ann Arbor area trail that invigorates and delights you.
From the historical ambiance of Dexter to the riverside trails of Ypsilanti, and from pastoral Manchester to the downtown parks of Ann Arbor, the entire area is filled with recreational activities ready for you to explore.
- Stellar Hiking Trails in Washtenaw County
- The Huron River Water Trail
- 2017 Preview – Explorer Edition
- Discover Your Ann Arbor: Explorer
- Black Pond Woods, Raptors and Critters - Oh My!
- Exploring the Big 400
- Dexter, Michigan: A Perfect Destination for Creative Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Fall Colors Abound in Tree Town