Certified Tourism Ambassador
The Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador Program is a multi-faceted opportunity to increase regional tourism by inspiring front-line employees and volunteers to turn each visitor encounter into a positive experience. This national, professional training program demonstrates our dedication to promoting our destination as the best, with a high level of commitment to our visitors.
Join over 100 tourism ambassadors already certified in Washtenaw County. Welcome visitors by providing travel info, sightseeing recommendations, and more.
- Airport Ambassadors
- Hotel and Restaurant Staff
- Community Leaders
- Educators and Students
- B&B Proprietors
To become certified as a Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador, an individual must complete the required class pre-reading, attend a half-day class, and complete an open-book examination. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin.
In addition to receiving the tools and knowledge to help create a more memorable visitor experience, you'll recieve these program benefits:
- Freebies and discounts from generous businesses throughout Washtenaw County
- Networking opportunities at CTA social events
- Professional development and skill training
- Potential for increased business or higher tips
- Opportunities for incentives and rewards locally & nationally
The curriculum is delivered through pre-reading and in-class participation including the modules: The Power of Tourism, Discovering our Area, Knowing, Finding and Using Resources, and Exceeding Customer Expectations.
2020 Upcoming Classes:
- February 12, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m, Hilton Garden Inn
- April 14, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m, Graduate Ann Arbor
- June 3, 12:30 p.m.– 5:00 p.m, Weber’s Boutique Hotel
- September 16, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m, Chelsea Comfort Inn and Village Conference Center
- October 20, 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m, Lake Forest Golf Club
Dates, locations, and times may change. Private classes for large groups are available!
Visit CTANetwork.com and choose Become a CTA to sign-up for a class.
- Select a Program
- Input your Contact Information
- Select a Class
- Submit Payment ($25)
For current CTAs: Follow the Ann Arbor - Ypsilanti Area CTA Program Facebook page to keep on top of freebies, discounts, networking events, educational opportunities, industry news and more!
For questions the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Area Tourism Ambassador Program (CTA), please contact Amby Wilbanks: